Business disputes are an expression of conflict situations that occur among market operators in the pursuit of economic activity.
Business disputes are an expression of conflict situations that occur among market operators in the pursuit of economic activity. These may occur either due to a breach of a contractual obligation between business subjects, factual or legal defects in compliance, infringement of copyright, competition law, intellectual property rights, and other cases.
Business conflicts also arise as a result of conflicts within a company itself, between the members, whether owners or shareholders or other management and control bodies. The most common are disputes over non-compliance and violations of company acts (annual report, resolutions of the general meeting, resolution on the use of accumulated profit, resolution on increase in share capital …). Last but not least, issues relating to minority shareholders are a matter of concern in joint stock companies – the exclusion and withdrawal of minority shareholders from the company and their rights (appointment of a special auditor, appointment of an extraordinary auditor, enforcement of compensation claims by the company or actio pro social).
According to World Bank statistics, the business dispute in Slovenian courts lasts for more than three years, or more precisely 1160 days, almost twice as much as in other developed OECD countries – 578 days.
Through the years of operating in the field of commercial law, our law firm has gained a vast experience in relation to commercial matters. We offer high quality and broad legal service to clients in the field of commercial law:
- representing creditors and debtors in construction disputes, disputes in the field of electronic communications, banking disputes and other commercial disputes before courts of all instances,
- representing creditors and debtors in insolvency proceedings (we register the claims, rights of separation of assets or rights of exclusion of assets in insolvency proceedings),
- representing the interests of company before judicial, administrative, tax and other authorities,
- drawing up autonomous contracts of commercial law,
- reviewing current case-law and advicing in accordance with the case-law,
- consulting and representing comanies in the establishment, merger and division of companies, status transformation of the company, the procedures for the abolition of the company,
- consulting in the field of insurance and consolidation of contractual obligations (guarantee, bank guarantee, earnest, bill of exchange, contractual penalty, pledge of movable property …),
- representing or running the company’s general meeting.